Due to the corona situation, new match transfers have been made in the SM League.
On Monday, the Finnish Hockey League announced that 21 match transfers had been made in the series due to the corona situation that chooses.
– Restrictions on regional public events have been extended in several areas. Due to the restrictive measures, the League has confirmed the match transfers, and the SM League announced.
The SM League has been played for empty spectators since mid-December. The League has now postponed matches that are expected to draw crowds to the gallery. Otherwise, games will continue in the series naturally – without the audience.
– We moved our so-called premium games a little further into the spring, as these audience restrictions will continue. Of course, the hope is that the audience will then be taken to these postponed matches, Arto I. Järvelä, the Finnish Championship competition director, explained to Yle Urheil.
According to Järvelä, match transfers were made with league clubs.
– Since we have to play now in January, we thought we were going with a little less damage when we move these games. For this January, we took games that might be of less interest to the audience. Let’s see in March-April if we then get an audience for these postponed games.
A historic number of match transfers have already been made to the SM League program.
– We have just made almost 200 transfers to the original match program. Yes, this unique season is going to be. Yes, a season like this divides history for a long time, Järvelä stated.
The passage may be stretched if new transfers are yet to come.
– The program can no longer afford to make new transfers. We continue through one option, but this is not the first thing on the table, Järvelä decided.
League match transfers:
20.1. HIFK – Flies marked for play will be transferred for play 6.4.
22.1. Ilves – HIFK, marked for play, will start playing on March 23.
22.1. HPK – KooKoo marked as play will be played on March 17.
23.1. HIFK – Tappara marked for play will be played 9.3.
23.1. Kärpät – Lukko, marked for play, will be transferred for play on 14.1.
23.1. KooKoo – Pelicans marked for play goes into play 2.4.
27.1. HPK – Ilves marked for play will be played 2.3.
27.1. Tappara – Kärpät, marked for play, will be transferred for play on 12.4.
30.1. Kärpät – Tappara, marked for play, will be played on March 30.
30.1. KooKoo – Jukurit, marked for play, will be available for play on January 22.
30.1. TPS – Aces marked as play will be played on March 23.
30.1. Pelicans-JYP marked for play will be transferred to play 2.3.
3.2. Pelicans – KalPa marked for play will be played 2.2.
5.2. Tappara – Ilves, who has been marked for play, will be transferred for play on 3.4.
6.2. TPS-Lock marked as playable becomes playable 6.4.
10.2. Pelicans – SaiPa marked for play will be played on March 16.
13.2. Jukurit – Lukko marked for play will be played 9.3.
26.2. HIFK – Jukurit marked for play will be played 20.1.
23.3. Tappara – HPK, marked for play, will be played on March 24.
30.3. Tappara – SaiPa, which has been marked for play, will be transferred for play on January 14.
3.4. Tappara – Pelicans, marked for play, will be played for 3.2.